The Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB) offers the POWER Grants and Fellowships (Promoting Opportunities for Women in Exploratory Research). The program is designed to provide organized endeavors toward enhanced diversity in research to ensure equal access and prospects for Indian women engaged in R&D activities. In addition, the program is devised to alleviate gender bias in science and engineering research funding in several Science & Technology programs in Indian academic institutions and R&D Laboratories.
SERB-POWER Research Grants:
This scheme provides funding for research to women researchers for an individualistic and competitive mode to carry out R&D activities in cutting-edge areas of science and engineering. The Grants are provided under two categories:
- Level I: The financing scale is up to 60 Lakhs for three years.
- Level II: The financing scale for three years, and the amount is up to 30 Lakhs.
The proposals will be received via the two streams: 1: Direct Applications for POWER Grant(Online); 2: Applications sourced from CRG Scheme.
- Applicants, including Principal Investigator and Co-Principal Investigator(s), must be citizens of India.
- Applicants must have a regular academic or research position in a recognized educational institution, national laboratory, or other recognized Research & Development institute in India.
- For the Level-I category: applicants from prominent organizations like the IIT, IISER, IISc, NIT, National Labs of Central Government Institutions, and the Central Universities would be considered.
- For the Level-II category: applicants of State Universities or Colleges and Private Academic Institutions are encouraged to apply under this category.
- Candidates recruited through UGC-Faculty Recharge Program are eligible to apply.
- Candidates holding INSPIRE Faculty, Ramanujan, and Ramalingaswamy positions can also apply.
- Apply online and include the following:
- Details of project proposal including Title (maximum 500 characters), summary (maximum 3000 characters), Keywords (max 6), Objectives (not more than1500 characters), Expected result, and conclusion of the proposal (max 1500 characters), Budget is required to be entered at the time of proposal submission.
- Any other required proposal information is to be uploaded in a PDF file of 10 MB as other technical documents (OTD). Download Template
SERB - POWER Fellowship
- The candidate must hold Ph.D. degrees in any branch of science and engineering and be an active scientist with a brilliant record of research activity as an innovator or independent investigator.
- The candidate must be a citizen of India and be 35-55.
- The candidate nominee must not receive any other fellowship from Government sources during the term.
- Rs. 15,000/- per month, along with regular income
- Research grant: Rs.10 Lakh per year
Duration: fixed for three years (extension would not be possible)
- Applications for POWER fellowships are generally invited through nominations.
- The nominations are to be sent by the HoDs or Fellows of National Academies.
POWER Fellowship & Grant are not to be held together.
For more info and questions, contact: Email: email@example.com