Jawaharlal Nehru Memorial Fund (JNMF) started Jawaharlal Nehru Fellowships in 1968, devoted to encouraging, supporting, and backing higher learning and free intellectual inquiry. This fellowship provides an opportunity for outstanding, talented people to dedicate themselves with the freedom to their creative work for two years. The Fellowships are devoted to the encouragement and sponsorship of higher studies and free intellectual inquiry. The program seeks to provide opportunities to exceptionally talented students/scholars who want to save themselves for creative work for two (02) years.
- These scholarships are open to scholars in every discipline of sciences and humanities.
- Researchers, Writers, journalists, artists, and civil servants are eligible to carry out projects on highly sophisticated and technical subjects and study current, in-depth problems relevant to India.
- The Fellowships are open to Indian nationals,
- Candidates have complete freedom to work at places of their choice in India.
- There are no age restrictions.
- Duration of the fellowship: 2 years
- A monthly stipend of Rs. 1,00,000/-, (one lakh) is exempted from Income Tax.
- Actual expenses on secretarial assistance, traveling, and other contingencies of Rs. 75,000/- per annum are also given.
- CV with details of original work.
- Experience in the field of specialization/expertise.
- The project proposed to be undertaken (synopsis not more than 1000 words)
- Recent passport size photograph.
- Candidates working in the Government service/sector (state or Centre) should send their applications through the proper channel.
Interested candidates should send applications to Secretary, Jawaharlal Nehru Memorial Fund, Teen Murti House, New Delhi 110 001.