Yale University invites applications from young scholars from all over the world for Yale Young Global Scholars (YYGS) program. The program enables the next generation of leaders by building a global community and designing cross-disciplinary programs that foster intellectual curiosity, strengthen understanding, and inspire creative action across all borders. Yale Young Global Scholars emphasizes an open, exploratory, and collaborative approach to learning. The program is intended to allow students to experience learning in various university contexts, from large lectures to small seminars and even spontaneous learning in dining halls and around campus.
- Applicant must be at least 16 years old by the application deadline.
- Applicant must be able to participate in a rigorous academic curriculum conducted in English.
- Applicant must be a high school sophomore or junior (or international equivalent).
- Applicant must graduate in May/June from the Northern Hemisphere or in Nov./Dec. from the Southern Hemisphere.
- The applications are accepted from ALL countries.
The following list of documents is required:
- Activities list
- Two essays (one essay of 400-word and one 200-word response)
- Two “fast take” responses (280 characters each)
- School transcript (official)
- A Recommendation letter
- Application fee ($60 for Early Action and $75 for Regular Decision)
- English fluency test scores (TOEFL or DuoLingo)
- Need-based financial aid
The next application shall open in September 2023!!!