Organization: European Molecular Biology Organization (EMBO, Heidelberg, Germany)
EMBO offers awards and financial support for researchers and scientists at every stage of their research/professional career to help them create an environment where scientists can achieve their best work.
Fellowship Level Postdoc, Researcher, Scientists, PhD
Country: Germany (Europe)
Deadline: Rolling (Periodic Applications)
Themes / Areas
1. Cell Cycle
2. Cellular Metabolism
3. Cell and Tissue Architecture
4. Chromatin and Transcription
5. Differentiation and Death
7. Genome Stability and Dynamics
8. Evolution and Ecology
9. Genomic and Computational Biology
11. Molecular Medicine
12. Membranes and Transport
13. Microbiology, Virology, and Pathogens
15. Plant Biology
16. Proteins and Biochemistry
17. Signal Transduction
19. Systems Biology
20. Structural Biology and Biophysics
Disciplines: Natural Sciences, Biosciences, Biotechnology, Cancer Research, Chemistry, Engineering and Technology, Life Sciences, Material Science, Nanomaterials, Nanoscience, Physics
- EMBO Fellowships: This program supports postdoc and pre-doctoral research to gain experience in laboratories in Europe and worldwide.
- EMBO Young Investigators: This program targets global talented young group leaders for the first years of establishing independent research laboratories. This is the first program in Europe that enables young investigators to receive financial and academic funding (support).
- EMBO Installation Grants: this program helps promising young researchers/scientists relocate and set up their laboratories in the participating host countries.
- EMBO Global Investigator Program: This program helps in the career development of the next generation of scientific leaders in Chile, India, Singapore, and Taiwan by providing them with prospects to interact and collaborate with top scientists from their homelands.
- EMBO Courses and Workshops: This program provides funding and support for scientists and faculties to organize meetings. Financing is also available for conferences, symposia, workshops, lecture courses, keynote lectures, and practical courses.
- Lecture Grants: these grants support and promote the active participation of scholars at national and international meetings/conferences.
- Travel Grants: These grants are available for a limited number of travel grants for eligible participants who are selected to attend EMBO Courses (Practical), Lecture, Symposia, or any other EMBO event.
- Gold Medal: Awarded annually to scientists under 40 for outstanding contributions in the field of molecular biology in Europe.
- Women in Science Award: This is awarded annually to female researchers who have made exceptional contributions in the field of molecular biology and who have been role models to other scientists.