Ghent University offers a research grant for young researchers using a Ph.D. grant every year with support from its "Special Research Fund" (BOF).
- Applicants must apply jointly with a promoter of Ghent University.
- Before applying to the Special Research Fund (BOF), applicants are responsible for finding a host supervisor (professor) from Ghent University who is keen to act as the supervisor ('promoter') for their Ph.D. research proposal.
Research Themes / Faculties:
Bioscience Engineering, Arts and Philosophy, Law, Sciences, Medicine and Health Sciences (departments – in Dutch only), Engineering and Architecture, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Economics and Business Administration, Veterinary Medicine (departments), Psychology and Educational Sciences (departments), Political, and Social Sciences
Required Qualifications / Eligibility conditions:
Scholarships are open for all nationalities; eligible international applicants are qualified to apply. This suggests that the call is highly competitive.
Selection criteria: Selection and screening are based on the following criteria:
- The Research Council selects the applications based on their application.
- Study results of the candidates, which means the applicant will be required to prove their position as a top student (in respect of study results)
- Candidates preferably must belong at least to the top 15% of best students of the group of fellow students who took exams for the same degree (on bachelor's and master's level).
- The recommendation is based on the evaluation of the qualifications of the applicant (study results), the project, and the scientific/scholarly potential of the promoter's research group(s).
Duration: 2 years.
Deadline: 1 March 2023