10 MSc Student Scholarships: University of Cyprus
Organization/Company: University of Cyprus, KIOS Research and Innovation Center of Excellence (KIOS CoE)
Researcher Profile: First Stage Researcher (R1)
Job Status: Full-time
Hours Per Week: 40
Department: KIOS Research and Innovation Center of Excellence
Research Field: Engineering » Electrical engineering, Computer engineering, Computer science, Computer systems
Application Deadline: 31 May 2023
Type of Contract: To be defined.
The number of offers available: 10
The KIOS CoE is announcing open applications for 10 Master-level Scholarships for the MSc program in Intelligent Critical Infrastructure Systems. The Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering (University of Cyprus), in cooperation with the KIOS CoE and Imperial College London, UK, offers the program.
Scholarships will be conferred based on the merit of the students and will cover up to 100% of the tuition fees. In addition, there will be an option for successful scholarship applicants to obtain a monthly salary for part-time employment at KIOS CoE.
The program aims to teach extremely innovative intelligent system methods and tools from evolving Information and Communication Technologies (ICT). The primary purpose is to tackle challenges in modern Cyber-Physical Systems, emphasizing monitoring, control, management, and security in critical infrastructure systems. These systems include electric power and energy, water distribution, telecommunication, transportation, and emergency response systems.
The program delivers an excellent opportunity for students with a Bachelor's degree in engineering or natural and applied sciences to pursue a professional career in critical infrastructure systems or an advanced research career by advancing with a Ph.D. degree in the field.
Duration: The duration of the program is three semesters (1.5 years), and it is available to study part-time (6 semesters / 3 years maximum). Academics deliver courses from the University of Cyprus and Imperial College London (the language of instruction is English).
For more information about the MSc program, visit the website (see below) or contact us at +357 22893460 / email@example.com.
Interested candidates should apply under any of the mentioned scholarship schemes, that can be merged (applicants can apply for both and will be evaluated for each project independently):
1. Tuition Scholarship: 50% – 100% of the University tuition fees, depending on the applicant's qualifications.
2. Employment Scholarship: A gross monthly salary (employment at KIOS CoE) in the range of €750 – €1100, depending on the work hours.
Research Field: Engineering: Electrical engineering, Computer engineering, Computer systems
1. Bachelor's degree in an discipline of Engineering or Science.
2. Previous research or relevant technical experience will be considered an advantage
3. Excellent knowledge of the English language. (GCSE: at least C-grade; IELTS Academic: a min. total score of 6.5)
4. Test of English as a foreign language (ETS TOEFL®): a min. score of 550 (paper-based), 213 (computer-based), or 80 (internet-based).
Job Opportunities for the Employment Scholarship scheme:
The successful candidates can work as a Research Engineer / Software Engineer at KIOS CoE, providing technical, research, and development support to research and innovation projects. It includes the opportunity to conduct research and publish research results. The exact position and detailed job description on duties and responsibilities will be determined after evaluation and based on the applicant's qualifications.
Interested aspirants should submit the following documents online through the link (given below). Incomplete applications will NOT be considered.
- A cover letter that specifies the scholarship scheme of interest (Tuition Scholarship and Employment scholarship). Applicants interested in the Employment Scholarship scheme must also state the employment availability date and why they are interested in pursuing employment at KIOS CoE.
- A detailed curriculum vitae in English.
- Short description of academic, research, and other relevant experiences (can be merged with the cover letter) (maximum one page).
- Copies of degrees and transcripts of other BSc/MSc degree(s).
- Copy of English language certificate.
- At least two reference letters from University Professors, uploaded directly from the referees.
Deadline: Wednesday, 31 May 2023 (5 p.m.).
KIOS Research and Innovation Center of Excellence
The KIOS, situated within the University of Cyprus, is presently the primary research hub of the university. It offers a stimulating atmosphere for conducting cutting-edge research in information and communication technology (ICT), focusing on the Monitoring, Control, Management, & Security of Critical Infrastructures. These infrastructures include power and energy systems, water, transportation, telecommunication networks, healthcare systems, emergency management, and response systems.