Research Fellow (CO2 conversion) at the National University of Singapore.
Location: COLLEGE OF DESIGN & ENG, Kent Ridge Campus, SG
University: National University of Singapore (College of Design and Engineering)
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Department: Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID: 14045
Post-doctoral positions (research fellow) are available in the Assistant Professor Yanwei LUM group at the Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering by the National University of Singapore (NUS). The project aims to develop highly efficient and selective electrocatalysts for recycling waste CO¬2 into chemicals and fuels. Such catalysts will be integrated into lab-scale CO2 electrochemical reactors where conversion occurs. The research fellows are also expected to guide actively and mentor students (undergraduate and graduate) within the group.
Some examples of activities to be carried out in the project are:
1. Perform materials synthesis and characterization for the development of novel electrocatalysts.
2. Sample preparation for electrocatalytic studies.
3. Conduct electrochemical techniques to determine electrocatalyst performance.
4. Perform product analysis and quantification using GC, HPLC, and NMR methods.
Candidates must have obtained a Ph.D. in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Materials Science, Engineering, or other related fields.
Candidates are required to have the following skill sets:
- Materials synthesis for various solid inorganic materials as electrocatalysts through different synthesis procedures.
- A deep understanding and extensive experience in electrochemistry and electrocatalysis are a must
- Working knowledge and experience in GC, NMR, and HPLC.
- Experience in operando catalyst studies (in-situ Raman, FTIR, etc.)
- At least 1-2 Publications in top-tier journals
The applications and other details are given in the link below.
The National University of Singapore (NUS) is a research-intensive public university in Singapore. It is one of the leading universities in Asia and has consistently been ranked among the top universities in the world.
NUS offers undergraduate and graduate programs in different fields, for instance arts and social sciences, business, computing, dentistry, design and environment, engineering, law, medicine, music, public health, science, and social work. The university also has research centers and institutes in advanced materials, computational science and engineering, quantum technologies, and water research.
NUS has a diverse student population and attracts students from all over the world. The university strongly focuses on innovation and entrepreneurship and provides opportunities for students to gain practical experience through internships and other programs.
Some notable alumni of NUS include former President of Singapore Tony Tan, former Prime Minister of Singapore Goh Chok Tong, and Nobel Laureate in Physics Professor Andre Geim.