The Government of India established the National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT). The organization is offering Doctoral fellowships in education, particularly for qualitative improvement of school education. In addition, the company provides opportunities for young scholars to pursue research in education from different disciplinary standpoints and to build an acquaintance base of education in an up-to-date context.
- Teacher Educator’s Education: Quality of pre-service and in-service teacher education programs, tasks and prospects in teacher training.
- Education of the Disadvantaged: Difficulties of different kinds because of belonging to sectional communities and due to gender, disability, and living in difficult conditions.
- Classroom Processes and Practices: Multi-grade teaching, over-burdened lecture hall, medium of instruction, languages used in the class, teaching-learning procedure, teacher apprehensions, assessment practices, corrective techniques, and space and time administration.
- Curricular Areas: Teaching subjects like Science, Mathematics, linguistics, Social Sciences, Arts and Crafts, Work and Professional Education, Health and Physical Education, and Environmental Sciences.
- Education for Peace: Struggle and its resolution in different spheres, values for living in harmony with people and nature, the difficulty of viciousness, respect for cultural differences, youth rights, and sustainable development.
- Psycho-social Development of Children: Development of character, associations and social skills, acceptance and cognitive skills, communications skills, leadership, decision-making, and coping with stress.
- Any Burning Issue in School Education
Applicants must have a decent educational record with at least 60% marks at both Bachelor’s and Master’s Levels.
Applicant should max 35 years of age as of the deadline of receipt of applications.
The applicants registered for a doctoral degree in a recognized university/ or working toward their Doctoral registration are eligible to apply.
The selected fellows will be given a stipend of Rs.23,000/- every month (for Non-NET) and Rs.25,000/- every month (in case of NET-qualified candidates) for a maximum of 03 years from the date of permanent Doctoral registration and date of selection in NCERT. In addition, the fellow will also get a contingency grant of Rs.10,000/-. Per annum during this period.
Number of fellowships: A total of Ten scholarships are offered every year. Four fellowships are reserved for 4 Regional Institutes of Education (RIEs) viz., one for four states viz., Ajmer, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, and Mysore (however, if suitable candidates are not selected from RIEs, the fellowship will be offered to other deserving candidates).
Applications will be submitted via the prescribed format available on the NCERT portal. The completed application forms are to be supplemented by a concept paper (1500 words) on the proposed research describing the underlying principle and aims of the study, (b) concrete framework, (c) proposed approach, and (d) potential contribution of the study.
Verified copies of all mark sheets/certificates and proof of Doctoral registration (if already registered)
The completed forms and documents are to be sent to the following address:
Division of Educational Research,
Room No.14, 3rd Floor, Zakir Husain Block,
National Council of Educational Research and Training,
Sri Aurobindo Marg,
New Delhi – 110 016