University of Alberta Doctoral Recruitment Scholarships: The purpose of this scholarship is to support and encourage superior students at the doctoral (Ph.D.) level who have the potential to contribute to the University of Alberta’s community and research.
1. Canadian citizens, permanent residents, or international students.
2. Applicants must be admitted to the doctoral graduate degree program by the department.
3. The candidate will be registered full-time in a Ph.D. / Doctoral degree program.
4. Must have an admission GPA of at least 3.7.
Disciplines / Faculties
A. COLLEGE OF HEALTH SCIENCES
1. Kinesiology, Sport, and Recreation
2. Medicine + Dentistry
4. Pharmacy + Pharmaceutical Sciences
5. Public Health
6. Rehabilitation Medicine
B. COLLEGE OF NATURAL + APPLIED SCIENCES
1. Agricultural, Life & Environmental Sciences
C. COLLEGE OF SOCIAL SCIENCES + HUMANITIES
There is no application form. Only eligible students are considered on the admission recommendation to the department.
Important dates: Nomination deadlines are based on start dates and are as follows:
1. The deadline for students with a May 1 start date is March 1.
2. The deadline for students with a July 1 start date is May 1.
3. The deadline for students with a September 1 start date is July 3.
4. The deadline for students with a January 1 start date is November 1.
Fellowship Amount: Partial Funding, $5,000
Eligibility Open to all nationalities
Deadline Applications are accepted four times a year.