The World Academy of Sciences (TWAS) & S.N. Bose National Centre for Basic Sciences (SNBNCBS), India, offer fellowships to young international scientists from developing countries keen to pursue research toward a doctoral degree in physical sciences. The program is provided for four years with the opportunity of a one-year extension. Applicants may be registered for a Ph.D. degree in their native country (SANDWICH option) or enroll in a Ph.D. course at the S.N. Bose National Centre (FULL-TIME opportunity). The program entails only one journey to the host country in both cases. The language of instruction is English.
Fellowship value: S.N. Bose will provide a monthly stipend (covers living costs and food).
- Applicant must be 35 years of age as on 31 December of the application year.
- Applicants must be nationals of a developing country (other than India).
- Applicant should not hold visas in India or any developed country (temporary or permanent residency).
- Applicant must hold a Master’s Degree in physics, mathematics, or chemistry. In addition, an applicant must have completed at least 5 years of bachelor’s and master’s studies in a recognized university or institute.
- The selected candidate is to provide evidence of English proficiency (if the education medium was not English).
- The selected candidate is to provide evidence that the candidate will return to his/her home country upon completion of the fellowship.
- The selected candidate should not take up other assignments during the fellowship.
- Apply via the online portal and submit an acceptance Letter from the department of the S.N. Bose National.