MFPL (Max F. Perutz Laboratories) is a center established by the University of Vienna and the Medical University of Vienna to make available an environment for brilliant, internationally recognized research and learning in Molecular Biology. The lab is firmly dedicated to the education and preparation of young researchers. Furthermore, the MFPL labs provide a stimulating scientific environment for diploma students, PhDs, and Post-doctorates in an exceptional international community at the Vienna Biocenter.
- Applicant must have a Master's degree or equivalent (1st Class BA Hons or BSc Hons) or anticipate receiving before enrolment.
- Research experience in a relevant scientific area (we recommend six months of full-time experience)
- Applicants to provide the full details of two referees; at least one of them should have supervised the candidate in a research project
- Applicant must have a high level of both spoken and written English
- Applicants with Non-European Master's Degree
- Applicants that do not hold a Master's degree or equivalent from a European University will be asked to provide GPA scores.
- UK/US Applicants
- Applications are welcome from students from the United States and other countries with an Anglican education system. Applicants from Australia, the Republic of Ireland, the United Kingdom (UK), and New Zealand would be able to enter the program with a First-Class BA (Hons)/BSc (Hons) in a Life Sciences related subject. Still, they MUST have a significant amount of research experience.
- United States students should contact the program administrator to enquire if their degree fulfills the requirements for admission to the VBC program and if they have a significant amount of research experience.
The online application form has three parts:
Part 1: candidate will be asked about personal information and the information for 2-3 referees. After submitting this information candidate will receive a link by e-mail to edit the second part of the application.
Part 2: have questions regarding the candidate's education, research experience, and research interests.
Part 3: candidate will receive a questionnaire (These tests were developed by a team of experts, following extensive research showing that personality tests combined with cognitive assessment are the best way to evaluate potential).
Application Dates/Deadlines (Spring/Autumn Selection)
Applications Commence - 1 March
Closing Date -15 April (2359 CET)
Applications Commence - 1 September
Closing Date -15 October (2359 CET)