Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR Centre for Interdisciplinary Sciences) offers TCIS Young Researcher Program (YRP) for talented and interested research scientists who want to establish themselves at the forefront of science in India.
About the Young Researcher Program:
- It’s open to scientists with over two years of postdoc experience.
- Applicant must be at the forefront of research activities that overlap with activities in TCIS or able to start new areas per the theme of TCIS vision.
- The program is also open to postdoc fellows in TCIS who have received any other fellowship and are deemed to meet the criteria for joining TCIS under YRP.
- TCIS will not provide any financial assistance towards the research or salary of the candidate besides what is given by the concerned national funding agency.
- TCIS will only provide research infrastructure and an ambiance congenial to highly productive research output.
- The candidate may guide a TCIS Doctoral student. Still, a regular faculty member in TCIS must accept the responsibility of co-supervisorship because of the fixed-term nature of the YRP.
- Researchers under this program are expected to work independently; collaboration with TCIS faculty members is natural and encouraged. They are also likely to take part in the TCIS teaching program.
YRP selection procedure consists of the following steps:
- Candidates with one of the Fellowships (INSPIRE Faculty Award, Ramanujan fellowship, Ramalingaswami Fellowship, and DBT-Wellcome Fellowship) are eligible to apply.
- Applications will be sent with a CV, soft copies of three significant publications, a research proposal, and a summary of the research accomplishments (1 page).
- Applications with all documents can be sent to email@example.com
- 3 Reference letters may be sent separately at the same time.
Applications for this program may be sent to TCIS year-round.