Four-Year Bachelor of Science (Research) Programme: Year 2023-24 at the Indian Institute of Science (IISC), Bangalore (India)
The Indian Institute of Science is a leading institution of higher learning and research with a strong tradition of innovation and excellance. IISc is offering a Four-year Bachelor of Science (Research) Program, which is designed as a reasonable balance of core science and interdisciplinary themes to serve as a stage for attractive career opportunities in academia and industry. In addition, students who complete the requirements for the Bachelor of Science (Research) degree award can get a Master of Science degree by continuing at the IISc for the fifth year.
Eligible applicants are invited for admission to the four-year undergraduate program at the Institute. Selective eligibility, selection criteria, and other details are also available on the website (link given below)
Mandatory Educational Qualifications.
- Candidates who have completed their 10+2 (or equivalent) examination in 2022 and those who expect to complete their 10+2 (or equivalent) examination in 2023.
- The candidates must have studied Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as the main subjects in their qualifying exam and any other subjects.
- The applicants must have secured a 60% or equivalent grade in the qualifying examination (10+2 or equivalent)
National Entrance Exam (i.e., Mode of Entry)
Selection will be based on the merit listing of one of the following national examinations.
- Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY), Stream-SA
- Candidates selected via Empowerment Initiative (SC/ST/PwD categories) in KVPY, Stream-SA
- JEE Main
- JEE Advance
- NEET (UG)
- USER Aptitude test
Candidate should be qualified in any one of the exams stated above, and the exam result should be valid as on 01 August 2023
Note: USER Aptitude Test is introduced as a new entry mode for the Academic Year 2023-24. Candidates must apply on the IISC admission portal directly to apply through this mode of entry.
- The online application can be prepared and submitted by accessing the official website (see below) from 15-03-2023.
- The application fee is non-refundable
- Applicant must bear bank or payment gateway service charges.
- Payment options: Online payments through net banking, debit card, visa/master credit card/UPI.
The website opens for online submission of applications: 15-03-2023
Last date for online submission of applications: 31-05-23
- Scholarships: All the students who join the Institute are eligible for a scholarship from the KVPY/INSPIRE/IISc Promotional Scheme (IIScP), depending upon their entry mode. Scholarships from many Indian and multinational agencies and business houses are also available for deserving students. The scholarship amount may vary for different scholarship agencies as per norms.
- 10% Supernumerary Quota over and above the approved intake for the program will be provided to women candidates.
- The applicants are advised to visit the Four-year Bachelor of Science (Research) program website and the admissions portal frequently for all admission-related updates.