Research Faculty Positions at the Raman Research Institute, India.
Raman Research Institute welcomes applications for regular faculty positions with details specified below.
Total Number of Vacancies: fourteen
Qualifications / Eligibility Conditions:
1. For Assistant Professor - Ph.D. in Physics or any relevant field and a minimum of three (03) years of postdoc experience.
2. For Associate Professor - Ph.D. in Physics or any relevant field and a minimum of six years of postdoc experience.
Age Limit: Assistant Professor 40 years; Associate Professor 45 years.
A. LIGHT AND MATTER PHYSICS
1. Ultra-cold Atoms, Molecules, and Ions
2. Precision Atom-Light interaction and Spectroscopy
3. Quantum Optics and Quantum logic
4. Intense Laser Field Interactions
5. Cavity QED
6. Quantum Communications and Quantum Information Science
7. Nonlinear Optics and Ultrafast Phenomena
B. ASTRONOMY AND ASTROPHYSICS
1. Astronomical Instrumentation
2. Cosmology and Galaxy Formation
3. Diffuse matter in the Universe
4. High Energy Astrophysics
5. Galaxy and the Interstellar Medium
6. Compact Stars in Binary Systems
7. X-Ray and Radio Astronomy
C. SOFT-CONDENSED MATTER
1. Liquid crystals, nanocomposites, and photonics
2. Macromolecular self-assembly
3. Active matter
4. Granular matter Novel colloidal systems
5. Polymer and polyelectrolyte physics
6. Smart and adaptive soft materials
7. Biophysics (e.g., In-vitro systems, Membrane Biophysics, Physics of DNA)
8. Theoretical investigation of soft matter and biological systems
- Condensed Matter & Statistical Physics and Related Areas
- Classical & Quantum Gravity (including Gravitational Waves)
To apply, please send the following to: email@example.com:
- Updated Curriculum Vitae
- List of Publications mentioning your five best publications
- Resume detailing previous research activities
- A statement containing future research plans
- Three (03) letters of reference.
Deadline: Applications are processed as and when they are received. The positions are to be filled before 30 Sept 2023.