Humboldt Research Fellowship for Experienced Researchers by the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation, Germany.
Humboldt Research Fellowships are offered to International Experienced Researchers with excellent qualifications, who completed their Ph.D. less than 12 years ago, and already have a good research profile. Eligible candidates should be working at least at the level of Asst. Prof. or Junior Research Group Leader or should have a record of several years of independent academic work.
Fellowship Duration: Selected candidates can have long-term research (6-18 months) in Germany; fellowships can be divided up into as many as three stays within three years.
Total Number of fellowships: 500 Humboldt Research Fellowships (approximately) for postdoctoral researchers and experienced researchers yearly.
1. Open to Scientists and scholars from all nationalities and all relevant disciplines
2. Candidate must hold a Ph.D. or comparable academic degree (Ph.D., C.Sc., or any equivalent), completed less than 12 years before the deadline.
3. Candidates’ research profile should be documented by a thorough list of academic publications reviewed according to international standards and printed in reputable journals.
4. Candidates must provide at least two expert reviews from important collaborative partners and academics from their institute and (if possible) from abroad.
5. Aspirants must confirm that research facilities are available, mentoring agreement, and a detailed expert report by an academic host at a research institution in Germany.
6. Language skills: proficient in English but scholars in the humanities or social sciences and physicians must have a good knowledge of German.
How to Apply:
1. Applications should be submitted to the Humboldt Foundation online at any time of the year (Rolling).
2. The selection committee meets thrice in March, July, and November to screen the applications.