Research Associateship (DBT-RA) in Biotechnology and Life-Sciences under the Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science and Technology by the Government of India.
Call for applications for the year 2022 – 2023 (CALL-II)
Applications are invited from eligible Indian applicants for the award of the “DBT-Research Associateship’’ program for pursuing research in frontline fields of Biotechnology, Life Sciences, and related disciplines. The fellowship is tenable in Premier Research Institutions or Universities, including non-profit R&D Institutions in India.
Organization: The fellowships will be conferred under the “DBT-Research Associateship’’ program conducted by the Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Ministry of Science and Technology (MST) under the Government of India.
The main objective of the DBT-RA Programme is to prepare and nurture young scientists and researchers to generate trained personnel in the field of biotechnology and modern biology. Moreover, this program will build a robust postdoctoral pool for the growth of research in the country.
- The applicants should possess a Ph.D. degree in Science, Engineering or
- An M.D./M.S. degree in any area of medicine
- Research interests in Biotechnology and Life Sciences and an excellent academic record.
- Candidates who have already submitted the Ph.D./M.D./M.S. thesis can also apply.
- Scholars should be Indian citizens, NRI, or OCI card holders.
Age Limit: The upper age limit is 40 years for male candidates and 45 years for female candidates as of the last date of application.
Tenure: The Associateship is a purely temporary full-time assignment and is tenable for two years with annual renewal based on the review of research progress. Only in exceptional cases may the fellowship be extended up to four years, depending upon the advancement of research.
- Fellowship can be awarded only ONCE by a candidate.
- This fellowship is available only in India in established academic institutions, laboratories, and recognized R & D institutions.
- Fellows can not apply with their Ph.D. supervisors/co-supervisors.
- The host institution should provide administrative and infrastructural support.
- The fellowships cannot be availed at the institution where Ph.D./M.D./M.S. degrees have been earned.
- A mentor cannot simultaneously have more than two DBT-RA fellows.
- Grants should be used for equipment, contingencies, consumables, and domestic travel.
Start Date of Application: 30th January 2023
End Date of Application: 28th February 2023
- The application shall be in ONLINE mode only.
- All information is available on the DBT Online Portal (link given below)
- Fill in the complete information in the online application form and submit it before the deadline.
- Information Required: Personal Information, Academic Qualifications, Research Contribution, Proposed Research Work, Proposed Mentor Details, Proposed Host Institution, and Referee Details.
- Self-attested pdf copy of DOB certificate
- Self-attested pdf copies of degree certificates
- A Consent letter from the mentor.
- Names and contact details of the Referees will be provided by the applicant while filling out the application form.
- During the submission of the online application form, the applicant will send an email with a link to submit a letter of recommendation to the email addresses of the potential referees mentioned in the application form.
- Referees must upload a pdf of the recommendation letter on the online portal by 28th February 2023.
Application forms not submitted through DBT-RA Online Portal shall not be accepted.
DBT-HRD Project and Management Unit,
Regional Centre for Biotechnology,
Phone number: 0129 – 2848531 / 2848533.