PostDoc Scholar Fellowships at the Departments of Medical Genetics and Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Calgary.
Reference/Job ID: 28558
The laboratory seeks a highly motivated postdoctoral scholar to lead projects on stem cell biology at the Yang Laboratory in the Departments of Medical Genetics and Biochemistry and Molecular Biology at the University of Calgary, Canada.
The research projects will utilize patient-induced pluripotent stem cells (iPSCs), induced neurons from direct re-programming, and mouse disease models to build novel precision medicine advances for patients with rare neurological disorders.
- Ph.D. or equivalent in neuroscience, biochemistry, molecular biology, cell biology, or a related discipline.
- Prior research experience in stem cell biology and iPSCs.
- Adequate Knowledge and experience in mouse genetics, cell reprogramming, confocal microscopy, and drug development are highly anticipated.
- Must be self-motivated and keen to work on multidisciplinary and translational projects.
- Knowledge of a strong research background with first-author publications in related disciplines.
- Proficiency in English.
- Excellent communication, written, and interpersonal skills.
The position/fellowship is available immediately, but the starting date can be negotiated. Candidates can apply via the UCalgary Careers web portal before July 12, 2023.
Individuals interested in this opening should submit the following documents via email or mail:
- Letter of interest
- Curriculum vitae (Updated CV)
- Any relevant publications
- Names and contact information of three references