The MPIB (Max Planck Institute of Biochemistry) is seeking a Postdoctoral research fellow in the Department of Machine Learning and Systems Biology. The department is headed by director Dr. Karsten Borgwardt. Researchers in the department develop and apply new machine-learning algorithms to identify patterns and statistical dependencies on large datasets from biology and medicine. The candidate must be a highly motivated researcher to join an eager and collaborative team in an exceptional scientific environment.
- Applicant must hold a Doctoral degree in machine learning, mathematics, computer science, bioinformatics, or relevant fields.
- Applicant must be keen and have prior experience in developing new machine learning methods and applying machine learning algorithms to solve life-sciences problems.
- Applicant must possess a command of English (written and verbal).
- Apply online, including the following documents:
- Letter with a personal statement describing scientific accomplishments and interests in the department and its research (one page)
- CV and bibliography
- Contact information for at least two references
Application deadline: June 5, 2023.
Job Code: 2023_19