Postdoc position in Physics, Material Science, or Electrical Engineering at ICFO (The Institute of Photonic Sciences), Spain.
- Candidates must hold a Ph.D. or equivalent degree (on evidence of its completion shortly) in Physics, Material Science, or Electrical Engineering.
- Topic/Area: Low-cost CMOS-compatible intersubband optoelectronics, photodetectors, light emitters, MWIR and LWIR, and Colloidal quantum dot technology.
- Candidates should have an exhibited experience and hands-on expertise in the fabrication, characterization, and optimization of optoelectronic devices for applications in photodetection and light emission based on intersubband transitions.
- The above expertise in the infrared and mid and long-wave infrared (most preferably) will be considered a plus.
- Have a strong background in the physics of intersubband transitions in quantum-confined materials and devices and be proficient in preparing setups for the optical and electronic characterization of devices in this wavelength regime.
- Knowledge and experience in charge transport studies, low noise techniques, and optical instrumentation (mid and long-wave infrared) will be a plus.
- Direct expertise in colloidal quantum dot optoelectronics will e considered favorable.
Interested candidates are requested to submit the following documents:
- A Cover/Presentation letter with a declaration of interest outlining past research achievements and a description of future research aspirations,
- An updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) with research publications, as well as your contact details,
- The contact e-mail of two potential referees, who will be contacted for their reference letters if necessary.
Contact details: Candidates may contact the following -
For informal inquiries: email@example.com and
Scientific questions: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The position is available immediately, and the post will remain open for applications until suitable aspirants are identified.
Candidatures should be submitted online via ICFOjobs (online application interface, link given below). The application consists of 2 steps:
- Application: The candidates will be asked to provide further details, the necessary application material, and potential referees.
Note: All enclosed documentation should be in PDF format or plain text.
Applications will be reviewed to confirm if the candidate meets the general requirements and conditions for the job opening. The selection committee will then evaluate candidatures according to the selection criteria of each opening. Candidates will be selected exclusively on merit and potential basis. Please note that ICFO is an equal opportunity employer.
Deadline: 19th of March, 2023