The Fritz Thyssen Foundation is offering a multitude of grants for research and travel etc. the postdoctoral grants are meant for the promotion of individual, highly qualified young scientists with a doctorate and a research proposal for a limited period and serve to familiarize the scholar with a new field of research and to be able to write a scientific publication. With the help of the grant, excellent postdocs should be able to concentrate exclusively on their chosen project for a maximum of one year.
- History, Language & Culture
- Cross-sectional area Image-Sound-Language
- State, Economy & Society
- Medicine and Natural Sciences
- Applicant must have completed the doctoral procedure with a disputation or viva voce; a (provisional) certificate must be attached.
- The Ph.D. of the applicant should not be more than one or two years.
- The planned project should have a processing period of no more than a year.
- The research grant should be linked to an independent scientific project based on one’s initiative, which is carried out at a scientific university or non-profit research institution.
- Application form (signed in the original)
- A detailed description of the research project: question, the status of research, preliminary work, including a list of own publications, planned procedure, theories and methods, time, and work plan (approximately ten pages)
- Bibliography on the subject
- CV in tabular form
- Cost plan for a planned stay abroad or similar (if necessary)
Deadlines: any time of the year (Rolling). The processing time is usually eight weeks.
Funding amount: basic amount (regardless of age) is €1,800 per month, and the ancillary benefit, a flat-rate subsidy of €200 per month