The European Molecular Biology Organization (EMBO) Postdoctoral Fellowships support excellent postdoctoral researchers throughout Europe and the world for up to two years. Therefore, for EMBO fellowships, international mobility is a major requirement.
- Applicants must hold a Ph.D. or equivalent at the start of the fellowship. Candidates who already hold a Ph.D. at the time of application are eligible to apply only if they obtained it during the two years prior to the date the application is complete.
- Applicants must have at least one first-author publication accepted in or published in an international peer-reviewed journal at the time of application.
- All applications must involve movement between countries.
- Applications for an EMBO Postdoctoral Fellowship to be held in the laboratory, institute, or department in which the candidate worked to obtain the Ph.D., or to work again with the candidate’s supervisor, no matter where the latter is located, will not be considered.
- Candidates who have already started working in the host laboratory can apply only if they have been working in the host laboratory for less than six months at the time the application is complete.
The Application process:
- Applications to be submitted online and uploaded supporting documents (two references, receiving institute acceptance).