The Fulbright-Nehru Master's Scholarship program is an excellent opportunity for Indian fellows to pursue a master's degree program at U.S. universities and colleges. The scholarships are for one to two years.
Scholarships are available in the following areas of Arts and Culture Management, including Museum Studies and Heritage Conservation; Economics; Environmental Science, Higher Education Administration; International Legal Studies, International Affairs, Journalism, and Mass Communication; Public Health, Public Administration; Urban and Regional Planning; Women's Studies and Gender Studies.
- The candidates must have a bachelor's degree from a recognized Indian university with at least 55% marks; it must be equivalent to a U.S. bachelor's degree.
- Candidates must either have a 4-year bachelor's degree or a full-time postgraduate diploma or complete a master's degree from a recognized Indian institution.
- If the bachelor's degree is less than four years, candidates must have at least three years' full-time (paid) professional work experience relevant to the proposed field of study; they must demonstrate experience in leadership and community service.
- Candidates must not have another degree from a U.S. university or be enrolled in a U.S. degree program.
- If a candidate is employed, candidates should follow the instructions carefully regarding the employer's endorsement.
Applications are invited in the following fields only:
- Economics, Environmental Science/Studies, Higher Education Administration, International Affairs, International Legal Studies, Journalism and Mass Communication, Public Administration, Arts and Culture Management including Heritage Conservation and Museum Studies, Public Health, Women's Studies/Gender Studies, Urban and Regional Planning.
How to apply
Candidates need to apply online. Currently, the application closing date is May 17, 2023.
Application due date for 2022-2023 awards.
Timeline and Placement Process
|May 17, 2023
|End June 2023
||Review of applications
|End July 2023
||USIEF informs the applicants about the review outcome
|End August 2023
||Interviews of short-listed candidates
|End August 2023
||USIEF notifies principal and alternate nominees. Nominees take tests (such as TOEFL and GRE)
||USIEF forwards applications of recommended candidates to the U.S. for J. William Fulbright Foreign Scholarship Board (FFSB) approval and placement match
||USIEF notifies the finalists about the FFSB approval
||Pre-academic training in the U.S. (if required)
||Degree program begins.
For any queries, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Apply only for one Fulbright Nehru fellowship category during the same academic cycle.
- Fulbright Kalam and Fulbright Nehru grants cannot be applied for the same academic year.
- Applications received after the closing date will NOT be entertained and will lead to rejection.
- Extensions and Transfer of visa sponsorship will not be permitted.
- Plagiarism in the application will lead to rejection.