The Leverhulme Trust Board offers approximately 145 scholarships for early career researchers for candidates with a good research record. Scholarships are available at universities or other higher education institutions in the United Kingdom.
The scholarships are aimed to support early-stage fellows. It is expected that the appointment would lead to a permanent position for the individual, either within the same or another institution.
Duration of Scholarships: 3 years (full-time basis)
- Candidates must not yet have held a full-time permanent academic post in a United Kingdom university or comparable United Kingdom institution. Fellows may hold such a post concurrently with the Early Career Scholarship.
- Candidates must hold a Ph.D. degree or should have equivalent research experience by the time they take up the Scholarship.
- Candidates should not be registered for degrees, professional or vocational qualifications at the time of commencing the Scholarship.
- Applications are invited from candidates with a doctorate (Ph.D.) or who submitted their Ph.D. thesis for the viva voce examination not more than four years before the application closing date.
- Candidates must either hold a degree (any degree) from the United Kingdom higher education institution at the time of taking up the Scholarship or at the time of the application deadline must hold an academic position in the United Kingdom (e.g., fixed-term lectureship, Scholarship) which initiated no less than four months before the last date.
- Candidates who do not hold a United Kingdom degree and whose United Kingdom academic position commenced after October 2021 are not eligible.
- Candidates who have been or are currently working as a Principal Investigator on a three-year post-doctoral research project or have held a comparable three-year post-doctoral position to pursue their research are not eligible to apply.
- Studies of disease, illness, and disabilities, Clinical practice, or the development of medical applications
The application process: • Apply online
Opens: 1 January 2023
Closes: 23 February 2023