The Indian National Science Academy (INSA) was established in January 1935 to promote Science in India and harness scientific knowledge. INSA represents all branches of Science and Technology and annually offers the INSA- JRD TATA FELLOWSHIP in honor of the late JRD Tata, a visionary and a leading industrialist. This Fellowship aims to extend India's advanced scientific infrastructure and expertise to scientists and researchers from developing countries. In addition, the Fellowship provides an opportunity for young scientists, teachers, and researchers.
10 Fellowships are awarded annually.
Duration of Fellowship: maximum period of award will be for three months
Funding: return airfare from place of work in their home country to place of work in India, TA/DA at the affiliated institution/s, and an adequate allowance in Indian currency to cover
- Applicant (other than Indian) possessing a Doctorate or master’s degree in Science or equivalent degree in Engineering/ Medicine and allied disciplines, below 45 years of age, and affiliated to a scientific or academic institution in a developing country (Other than India).
- Applicant must possess a valid passport.
The application process:
- Applications may be submitted as hard copies or scanned copies with supporting documents. The following list of documents is to be sent along with the application:
- A detailed CV containing the date of birth & age
- Applicant's research interest and experience, publications (only those in referred journals), position, scientific affiliations, awards, scholarships, etc.
- A brief write-up describing the proposed research work.
- Two passport-size photographs.
- Copy of degree certificate for highest qualification.
- A letter of consent from the parent Institution and a letter of acceptance from the host institution
Last dates: 30 April & 31 October