German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) offers Bilateral Exchange of Academics to improve international relations and bilateral research cooperation between German and foreign universities. In addition, this fellowship program supports exchanges of scientists and academics from partner countries. The basis of these exchanges is cultural exchange programs and bilateral agreements with foreign partner organizations.
- Applications are open to foreign academics and scientists with a completed doctoral degree and work at a university or research institute in their home country.
- Applicants must work at a university or research institution in their home country.
- The research project must be coordinated with the cooperation partner in Germany. A workplace must be provided.
Duration of the funding: at least 14 days up to a maximum of three months. The grant is non-renewable.
Funding Value: Monthly payments of 2,000 euros for assistant teachers, assistant professors, and lecturers
2,150 euros for professors
- The online application form includes the following:
- Full CV in tabular form (maximum: three pages)
- List of academic publications (maximum three pages)
- Comprehensive statement about research project (max. ten pages)
- Schedule and itinerary (host institutes / academic hosts) of the planned research stay
- Letter from host confirming academic cooperation, which refers to the proposal and guarantees that a workplace will be provided
- German or English translations of documents submitted in the national language (to be uploaded with the corresponding documents)