The Center for Biosustainability (DTU Biosustain) at the Technical University of Denmark (DTU) and the Novo Nordisk Foundation are inviting applications for a 3-year postdoc position. The postdoc will work on the development of next-generation probiotics. The candidate is expected to be a highly motivated and experienced researcher. The position is available under the guidance of Prof. Morten Otto Alexander Sommer and Dr. Ruben Vazquez Uribe in the Bacterial Synthetic Biology section.
- Applicant must have obtained a Ph.D. (or equivalent) in Biotechnology, Bioengineering, Life Sciences, or another relevant subject.
- An applicant with an excellent academic track record, solid research experience, and highly motivated toward developing new technology and making scientific breakthroughs would be preferred.
- Applicant must have background knowledge in fermentation, synthetic biology, microbial biotechnology, or bioengineering. In addition, the candidate must have a strong interest in translating academic research into commercial applications to improve human health.
- The selected candidate would work independently on developing next-generation probiotics to commercialize some of these technologies.
- The postdoc will use state-of-the-art experimental and computational technologies to build and test engineered microbes for probiotic applications.
- The selected candidate will be responsible for accomplishing all aspects of the project, including experimental and computational tasks.
Duration: 3 years and the expected to start by April 2023 or as soon as possible.
How to apply:
Apply online to be submitted as one PDF file containing. The file must include the following:
- Cover letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Academic transcript (MSc/Ph.D. – in English)
- List of publications