The Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Delhi offers Postdoctoral Fellowships (PDF) in the various Departments/Centres/Schools to qualified Indian Nationals, Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs), and Overseas Citizens of India (OCIs) throughout the year.
Duration: maximum three years
- Applicants must be Indian Nationals or Foreign Nationals (PIO (Persons of Indian Origin) or OCI (Overseas Citizens of India). If selected, approval will be sought from Govt. of India before they can join IIT, or Other Foreign Nationals, in whose case, if chosen, the appointment will be on a contract basis for up to 3 years, subject to permission from the Govt. of India before they can join IIT.
- Applicants from SC/ST/OBC category and persons with disability are specifically encouraged to apply for these positions.
Fellowship value (salary per Month +HRA):
- 1st year Rs. 40,000/- + Rs. 10,000/-
- 2nd year Rs. 45,000/- + Rs. 11,000/-
- 3rd year Rs. 50,000/- + Rs. 12,000/-
- Applied Mechanics
- Biochemical Engg. & Biotechnology
- Chemical Engg.
- Civil Engg.
- Computer Science & Engg.
- Electrical Engg.
- Humanities & Social Sciences
- Management studies
- Mechanical Engg.
- Textile Technology
- Applied Research In Electronics
- Atmospheric Sciences
- Biomedical Engg.
- Energy Studies
- Industrial Tribology, Machine Dynamics & Maintenance Engg.
- Instrument Design & Development
- Polymer Science And Engineering
- Rural Development And Technology
- National Resource Centre For Value Education In Engg
- Bharti School Of Telecommunication Technology And Management
- Amar Nath & Shashi Khosla School Of Information Technology
- Kusuma School Of Biological Sciences
Minimum qualifications and experience:
- Applicant must hold Ph.D. with first class or equivalent grade in the preceding degree in the respective discipline, with a consistently good academic record.
- Applicant must not exceed 32 years for male and 35 years for female candidates (to be relaxed by five years in case of persons with a physical disability, SC and ST, and three years in case of OBC-NCL).
- Applicant must have at least two referred conference/journal papers (of which at least one should be in reputed journals).
- A separate online application must be filled out if a candidate applies for a Postdoctoral Fellowship in more than one Department/Centre/or School.
- The candidates called for presentation/Train/Economy Class will pay discussion AC2-Tier by Air or actual expenditure and AC Taxi by road (from Airport/Railway Station/ISBT and back) fare from their home station/work and back by the shortest route within India.
Suitable residential accommodation per Institute rules shall be provided on the Campus upon joining the Institute (subject to availability).