The Faculty of Physics, Mathematics & Computer Science at the University of Amsterdam (UvA) is seeking four ambitious postdoctoral researchers for Research Area “Artificial Intelligence for Sustainable Molecules and Materials” as a postdoctoral candidate.
Topics of Research Projects:
- Metamaterials for sustainable steel
- Salt hydrates for thermal energy storage
- Chemical additives in plastics
- Plant protein mixtures for sustainable food design
Duties and tasks:
- The selected candidate shall conduct independent research, which should result in academic publications in peer-reviewed international journals, conference proceedings, and books.
- The scholar should actively contribute to the research activities.
- Contributing to promotional activities of the AI4SMM laboratory;
- Bachelor and Master projects supervision and tutoring students.
- Applicant must hold a doctoral degree in physics, chemistry, biology, or computational science, specializing in natural sciences or related to the project of choice.
- Applicant must possess good programming skills (viz., in C, C++, or Python).
- Applicant must have experience in machine learning or molecular dynamics simulations.
- Applicant must show motivation to collaborate with experimentalists and possibly perform experiments closely.
- Research publications in international refereed academic journals.
- Applicant must demonstrate good communication skills in English (oral and written).
- Applicant must demonstrate flexibility and eagerness to participate in cross-disciplinary cooperation and multidisciplinary development (verifiably focused on collaboration with other disciplines).
Apply online. Applications should include the following information (*pdf files):
- A detailed resume includes the months (not just years) of the education and job experience, including a publication list.
- Two references with names and email addresses for the recommendation letters.
- A letter of motivation stating the specific project(s) applying for.
Closing date: 16.05.2023