U.S. and India launched a U.S.-India Climate Fellowship Program in September 2014 to build long-term capacity to address climate change-related issues.
This program aims to encourage further reciprocated understanding between the peoples of the United States of America (USA) and the Republic of India by engaging scientific and technical scholars and professionals from both countries related to climate research and education through the launch of the Fulbright-Kalam Climate Fellowship.
Funding Agency: U.S.-India Educational Foundation (USIEF).
Type of Fulbright-Kalam Climate Fellowships:
- Doctoral Research (Ph.D.): These are proposed for Indian research scholars registered for a Ph.D. Degree at an Indian institution, and the duration of these fellowships is six to nine months.
- Postdoctoral: These fellowships are designed for researchers and Indian faculty in the early stages of their research careers in India.
- Applicants should have conducted adequate research in the related field, particularly in identifying resources in India and the U.S. Candidates must be registered for a Ph.D. at an Indian institution at least one year before starting the fellowship.
- In the online application form, one of the referees should be the candidate´s Ph.D. supervisor. They should comment on the candidate´s research work and the usefulness of these fellowships and mention the Ph.D. registration date and topic;
- Once selected, candidates should follow the instructions carefully regarding the employer’s endorsement conditions. If applicable, please acquire the endorsement from the appropriate administrative authority on the “Employer’s Endorsement Form.” In addition, the employer must indicate that leave will be granted for the fellowship period.
- Candidates should upload a ‘writing sample’ such as a copy of an article or paper published/presented or extracts from the Master’s/M.Phil. Thesis in the online application form.
- Applications must be submitted online (link below at the page's end).
- Carefully review the Application Instructions before starting the online applications.
- Candidates should refer to the Applicant Checklist before applying.
- Scholars must complete and upload the required documents on your online application.
- Documents required:
- Applicant Annexure
- Employer’s Endorsement Form (if applicable)
Timeline and Placement Process
Plagiarism in the application or any publications will lead to disqualification.
- Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
- Grant extensions and transfer of visa sponsorship should not be permitted.
- The Deadline for the application will be July 17, 2023