Organization: Government of India, Department of Space, Indian Space Research Organization, Space Applications Centre.
Advertisement No: SAC:01:2022
Position Type: Junior Research Fellows (JRF), Research Associates (RA), and Project Associates (PA)
Total Number of Positions: 33
The website will remain open for online application registration from 0900 hours of 19/12/2022 to 1700 hours of 08/01/2023.
SAC, ISRO is seeking to engage bright candidates with the scientific ability to work at the level of Junior Research Fellows (JRF), Research Associates (RA), and Project Associates (PA) in multidisciplinary disciplines and projects related to Environment, Natural Resources, Ocean, Atmosphere, Planetary Sciences, and Microelectronics/VLSI.
Organization: Space Applications Centre (SAC) is one of the leading Centres of the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO), Department of Space (DOS) in India.
SAC focuses on the following:
1. In designing space-borne instruments for terrestrial and planetary missions for ISRO.
2. In developing and operationalizing space technologies for the benefit of society.
3. Applications cover communication, broadcasting, disaster monitoring, meteorology, navigation, management of natural resources, oceanography, and environment monitoring.
4. Develops ground transmit and receive systems and also data and image processing systems.
5. Highly sophisticated payload design and integration laboratories and facilities for electronic and mechanical fabrication, image processing and analysis, and environmental tests.
6. SAC has made pioneering contributions in Natural resource management, for example, in agriculture, forestry, coastal zone management, urban planning, snow and glacier studies, oceanography, and atmospheric studies.
7. Developing concepts and techniques for pre-harvest estimation of production of major crops, forecasting of potential fishing zones and other satellite data, analyses of Himalayan and Polar cryosphere,
8. Monitoring coastal zones using optical and microwave remote sensing data.
9. Developing methodology for tracking cyclones in terms of intensity, and direction, and land falls has been developed and used for recent cyclones.
10. Develop algorithms to derive ocean parameters like sea surface wind speed, temperature, wave heights, and atmospheric parameters (water vapor and cloud water content).
The thrust areas of current activities and plans include:
1. Utilization of data from Indian Missions (Oceansat, GISAT, INSAT-3D, INSAT-3DR, Resourcesat-2/2A, RISAT, SCATSAT-1, CARTOSAT-2, and Chandrayaan-2)
2. Understanding, research, development, and applications of satellite-based Marine processes for Blue Economy.
3. Advanced R & D on retrieval of Bio-geophysical and Geophysical parameters
4. Himalayan and Polar Cryospheric Science and applications
5. Early Warning for Disaster Forecasting
6. Geo-Science Applications
7. Application of EO data for Energy Studies
8. Climate Change Studies
9. Land Hydrological modeling and applications
10. Calibration and Validation sensors and geophysical products (for land, ocean, and atmosphere)
11. The synergy of Earth Observation and SATCOM Applications
12. Planetary Science Studies for Moon and Mars
Fellowship amount (JRF) ₹ 31000/- (For 1stand 2nd year ₹ 31000/- Per month + HRA)
For the subsequent years ₹ 35000/- Per month + HRA
Research Associateship amount (RA) ₹ 47000/-
Research Associate - 1 ₹ 47000/- Per month + HRA
Research Associate – 2 ₹ 49000/- Per month + HRA
Research Associate – 3 ₹ 54000/- Per month + HRA
Project Associateship amount (PA-1) 31000/-
Project Associate (DST INSPIRE) - ₹ 31000/- per month (also includes HRA for NET/GATE qualified or equivalent examinations conducted by Central Govt.
Note: Department and their Agencies and Institutions OR ₹ 25000/- along with HRA Per month for those who do not fall under as above.
Junior Research Fellows: 28 years
Research Associates and Project Associates: 35 years
The age limit is relaxable for five years in the case of SC/ST and three years in the case of OBC candidates. In addition, persons with Benchmark Disabilities (PwBD) and Ex-Servicemen candidates are eligible for age relaxation per Government of India orders.
Applications will be received online only. The online recruitment portal will be available for application registration from 19/12/2022 to 08/01/2023.
Deadline: Closing date for online registration: 08/01/2023
You should visit our website for detailed advertisement and fill out an online application form (see below).