Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC): Scientific and Technical Opportunities
Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC) offers creative and rewarding career opportunities to young qualified Indian nationals in frontier areas of Nuclear Science and Technology.
Type of Positions offered by the organization:
- Scientific Positions (Scientific Officers, Technical Officers): Training schools and direct recruitment.
- Technical Positions: (Scientific Assistant, Foreman, Technician, Para-medical staff, Draughtsman, Fire service staff, Horticultural staff)
- Administrative (Administrative, Accounts)
Recruitment of Scientific Officers (Scientists and Engineers) is through several primary programs:
- Orientation Course for Engineering Graduates & Science Post Graduates (OCES)
- DAE Graduate Fellowship Scheme (DGFS)
- Dr. K.S. Krishnan Research Associateship (KSKRA)
Core Research Areas: Ample prospects are available for pursuing innovative research in
Qualifications/Degrees and Other Requirements for OCES/DGFS Programs
- For Physics Discipline: MSc in Physics/ Applied Physics/ Electronics or B.E./ BTech in Engineering Physics with minimum aggregate marks of 60%*.
- Chemistry Discipline: MSc in Chemistry with Physics up to BSc or at subsidiary and ancillary level in the five-year integrated MSc and Mathematics.
- Biosciences Discipline: MSc in Biochemistry, Microbiology, Molecular Biology, Biotechnology, Genetics, Botany, Agriculture, Plant Science, Zoology, Plant Breeding, Plant Pathology, Food Technology, Entomology, Animal Science, Life Sciences, and Biosciences or a B.E./BTech/BSc (Tech) in Food Technology with a minimum aggregate mark of 60%.
- Radiological Safety Engineering: MSc in Physics or Chemistry and Physics and Chemistry up to BSc level or at subsidiary and ancillary level in case of integrated MSc and Mathematics.
- Geophysics: MSc in Geophysics or Applied Geophysics with Mathematics up to BSc or at a subsidiary and ancillary level in case of five years integrated MSc, with a minimum of aggregate marks of 60%in MSc as well as in BSc.
- Geology: MSc in Geology/ Applied Geology with Mathematics up to BSc. or at subsidiary and ancillary level in case of five years integrated MSc, with minimum aggregate marks of 60%* in MSc as well as in BSc.
Application Procedure details:
Applications are open periodically and are accepted against the calls. Application modes are online and by Post.