Introduction: IBSE (Initiative for Biological Systems Engineering) is an interdisciplinary research group dedicated to groundbreaking innovative approaches and algorithms that integrates multi-dimensional data across scales to understand, predict and manipulate complex biological systems. IBSE is also integral to Robert Bosch Centre for Data Science and Artificial Intelligence (RBCDSAI).
IBSE offers post-doctoral fellowships to exceptional doctoral candidates who are keen to engage in a 1-2 year research to begin a long-term research goal at the interface of biology and engineering at IBSE at the IIT Madras.
- Candidates must have demonstrated academic excellence.
- Candidates should have completed a Ph.D. degree within the last two years of application.
- Application of systems genetics approaches in India-specific clinical datasets
- Metabolic modeling for diseases
- Network and community detection in multi-omic data
- Application of Machine Learning algorithms in the area of clinical data
- Process analytics and systems theory for metabolic modeling and optimization
- Application of NLP in biological data analysis
- Monthly emoluments of ₹45,000 (plus HRA)
- Work in a highly interdisciplinary environment with eminent faculty members in Systems Biology and Data Science
- Funds to attend a national conference yearly
- Access to state-of-the-art high-performance CPU/GPU computing infrastructure
- Regular colloquia by international experts and workshops
- Apply to email@example.com with the following details and documents:
- Latest updated CV describing your academic record with the latest publications list, list of programming languages known, level of proficiency, and relevant certification if any (attach a single PDF or link to Dropbox/Google Drive/OneDrive)
- A research proposal of 500-750 words enlisting the preferred research areas
- Mention the IBSE Faculty Mentors that the candidate is interested to work with.