Applications are invited for filling up 01 (one) post of Security Officer (General Central Service, Group - 'B', Gazetted, Non-Ministerial) in Level 8 of the Pay Matrix (Rs. 47600-151100) in the UPSC by Composite (Deputation with Promotion) Method.
Eligibility Conditions: Composite method (Deputation Plus Promotions
Officers from security-cum-intelligence agencies of the Government of India (that is Intelligence Bureau or Research and Analysis Wing or Central Bureau of Investigation or Border Security Force or Central Reserve Police Force or Indo Tibetan Border Police or Central Industrial Security Force):
- Holding analogous posts on a regular basis in the parent Cadre or Department; or
- With two years' service in the grade rendered after appointment thereto on a regular basis in the level-7 of the pay matrix (Rs. 44900-142400/-) or equivalent in the or Department; or
- With six years' service in the grade rendered after appointment thereto on a regular basis in the level-6 of the pay matrix (Rs. 35400-112400/-) or equivalent in the or Department; and
Possessing the following educational qualifications and experience, namely: -
- Bachelor's degree from a recognized University or equivalent; and
- Two years' experience in organizing security arrangements, and gathering information and intelligence relating to various aspects of security.
- The Departmental Officer holding the post of Security Assistant in level-6 of the pay matrix (Rs. 35400-112400/-) with six years of regular service in the grade and possessing educational qualifications and experience prescribed for deputations shall also be considered along with outsiders and in case he is selected for appointment to the post, the same shall be deemed to have been filled by promotion.
- The maximum age limit for employment by deputation should not exceed fifty-six years as of the closing date of receipt of applications.
Details like General conditions, Eligibility Criteria, Age limit, proforma of application form, etc. are available on the website of UPSC (see below).
Interested and eligible officials may send their applications in prescribed proforma along with copies of the APARs for the last five years (2017-18 to 2021-22) duly attested on each page by an officer not below the rank of Under Secretary to the Govt, of India, cadre clearance and vigilance clearance through proper channel to the undersigned within 60 days from the date of advertisement of this vacancy in the Employment News/Rozgar Samachar. The candidates must also apply online on the website of UPSC.
Note: Applications not forwarded through proper channels or those received without the requisite certificates and necessary documents will not be entertained.