The NITs (National Institutes of Technology) are the central government-owned-public technical institutes under the rights of the Ministry of Education, Government of India. In total, there are 31 NITs around the country. The National Institute of Technology Rourkela is inviting applications to fill the faculty positions of Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, and Professor. The applications are open to Indian nationals with brilliant academic backgrounds in various Humanities, Engineering, Management, Science, and Architecture specializations.
Posts available are:
- Assistant Professor Grade II
- Assistant Professor Grade II
- Assistant Professor Grade I
- Associate Professor
Total number of posts: 143
Qualification and Experience:
- Engineering Department: Ist Class in B.Tech./B.E. with Doctorate in relevant branch/discipline.
- Planning and Architecture: Ist Class in M.Plan./M.Arch. for Assistant Professor Grade II or M.Arch./ M.Plan. with Doctorate in relevant discipline for Grade I and higher position.
- Science Departments: Ist Class Masters' Degree with Doctoral degree in relevant branch/discipline.
- Humanities and Social Sciences: Ist Class Master's Degree with Ph.D. in relevant branch/discipline.
- School of Management: Ist Class in MBA/PGDBM with Doctorate in Management
- Industrial Design: Ist Class degree in B.Tech./B.E./B.Des. with Ph.D. in relevant discipline.
How to Apply:
- The eligible candidates keen on one or more posts are invited to apply via the online portal
- Candidates working in Government / Public Sector Enterprise / Autonomous Bodies should send a copy of their application via the proper channel or provide a NOC from the authority or employer at the time of the interview.
- NIT Rourkela faculty positions are open to Indian residents as well as overseas to reflect an all-India character
- NIT Rourkela strives to have faculty members reflect gender balance; hence, women candidates are especially encouraged to apply.
- New appointment beyond 60 years is discouraged except for faculty with exceptional research, industrial, and academic careers.
- Current faculty members at the NIT Rourkela may apply for higher positions in their departments, irrespective of their specialization.
- The scrutiny committee may prepare a list of candidates to be contacted by following a higher standard for shortlisting to restrict the number of contenders to be called for an interview.
- Candidates applying from overseas can be allowed to join the interview on their request through video conferencing, subject to merit. However, it is obligatory to have a personal presence in the discussion for applicants residing in India.
- Candidates qualified for interviews must show original documents for verification, backing their application concerning reservation, qualification, experience, and other claims.
- If the candidate is found suitable for a junior post (based on the recommendation of the shortlisting and selection committee) may be offered the lower position.
- Experienced and deserving candidates may be given higher starting pay on the selection committee's recommendation against the applied post.
- Candidates may be posted and moved to another Post/Department at any time during their service career in the interest of the Institute.
- Canvassing in any manner or unsolicited query would entail a candidate's disqualification.