The Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur (IITK) is inviting applications from Indian nationals, Persons of Indian Origins (PIOs), Overseas Citizens of India (OCIs), and Foreign Nationals for faculty positions.
- Aerospace Engineering
- Biological Sciences and Bioengineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Cognitive Science
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Earth Sciences
- Economic Sciences
- Electrical Engineering
- Humanities and Social Sciences
- Industrial and Management Engineering
- Materials Science and Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mathematics and Statistics
- Space Science and Astronomy
- Sustainable Energy Engineering
- Applicants must hold (for all faculty positions) a Ph.D. degree with first class or equivalent at the previous degree in the relevant branch, with a brilliant academic record in all prior degrees.
- The candidates for the Professor position must have at least ten years of teaching, research, and industrial experience, of which a minimum of four years of experience must be at the Associate Professor level.
- The candidates for the Associate Professor position must have six years of teaching, research, and industrial experience, at least three years at the level of Assistant Professor or equivalent.
- The candidates for the Assistant Professor position have three or more years of post-Ph.D. teaching, research, and industrial experience. For a recently obtained Ph.D. degree, the job will be on a contract basis for the first three years and can be standardized afterward.
How to apply:
Applications are required to be submitted via the online portal only.
- Professor (pay level 14A) with basic pay 1,59,100 - 2,20,200
- Associate Professor (pay level 13A2) with basic pay 1,39,600 - 2,11,300
- Assistant Professor Grade I (pay level 12) with basic pay 1,01,500 - 1,67,400
- Assistant Professor Grade II (on a Contract basis) pay level 11 with basic pay 89,900 - 1,17,200
- Assistant Professor Grade II (on a Contract basis) pay level 10 with basic pay 89,800 - 98,200 (without experience candidates with recently obtained Ph.D.)
- The remuneration carries all other allowances as per GoI norms stationed at Kanpur.
- The Institute provides an additional Rs 25,000- per month as a top-up salary for the initial three years of service to the recently joined faculty members.
- After three years of service at the Institute, the faculty may apply for Young Faculty Fellowship.
- Applicants working in Government or Semi-Government Organizations are required to produce a NOC from their employer at the time of the interview.
- Certificates and documents should be uploaded with the application form.
*Foreign candidates (who do not hold an Indian passport or a PIO/OCI card) will be offered the job on a contract basis for up to five years. After that, the appointment can be renewed if required.
**Reservation is as per GoI norms.
This is a rolling advertisement; candidates may apply any time of the year.