Scientific Officer C: Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR), India
Reference Number: Advt No.27/2022
Position: Scientific Officer C (IT)
Type: Appointment of a Scientific Officer C (IT) on a short-term Contract basis.
Organization: Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR) is an autonomous institute under the sponsorship of the Department of Atomic Energy (DAE) under the Government of India. It is a Deemed University granting degrees for doctoral programs. NCBS (National Centre for Biological Sciences) is a facility of TIFR and is inviting online applications for the vacancy of Scientific Officer 'C' (IT) on a short-term contract basis.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- The candidate should have a full-term degree in Engineering (BE/B.Tech with an overall aggregate of 60% marks) from a recognized institute/university in Computer Science (CS).
- Minimum three years of experience in Drupal 7/8/9, module and theme development.
- Good experience in web development
- Background on the LAMP stack,
- Sound knowledge of Linux OS (Installation/Compilation),
- Configuration of Apache/NGINX/Mariadb on Linux, PHP
- Scripting, MySQL, HTML5,
- Working exposure with open-source applications.
- Experience in System Administration in an Education or Research organization.
- Procurement practices and interaction with vendors;
- Good working knowledge of Linux Systems
- Administration skills with services, for example, DHCP, DNS, VPN, Email, Web server, LDAP, Databases, and Virtualization.
Salary/Pay scale: A consolidated salary of Rs. 89,900/month (equivalent to Pay Level 10 - Stage 1).
Age limit: 28 years
Deadline: The last date for receipt of online applications is 25th January 2023
- The appointment shall be made on a contract basis for six (6) months from the joining date. The contract will be extended up to One (1) year depending upon the performance and vacancy requirements.
- The selected applicant will be required to join immediately.
- Institute reserves all the right to restrict the number of candidates for recruitment to an acceptable limit based on qualifications and experience.
- The Selection process will involve two-stage a) a Written test and b) an Interview. The Interview will be conducted for shortlisted candidates based on their performance in the Written test.
- Recommended age should be calculated as the limit as on 1st January 2023.
- Only complete and online applications with uploading supporting documents (Educational qualification with marks, Experience certificate along with pay drawn, Date of Birth, etc.) will be considered.
- Submissions from the candidates will be accepted ONLY ONLINE.
Applications must reach the following address:
Head, Administration, and Finance National Centre for Biological Sciences,
Tata Institute of Fundamental Research,
GKVK Post, Bellary Road, Bangalore, Karnataka
The prescribed format for an offline application is available for download from the link (given below)
- Interested candidates should register ONLINE through the official website link (see below) using a valid email ID.
- Candidates will receive a user ID and password on their registered email ID.
- Fill in the application by clicking on "Submit Application."
- The requisite documents should be uploaded while submitting the Online application.
- All essential certificates, proof of qualifications, date of birth, experience, caste, etc., should be uploaded carefully.