Ph.D. Student Fellowship: chemistry focusing on environmental chemistry at the Kemiska institutionen, Umeå University, Sweden.
Type: Temporary position
Topic: Perfluorinated substances in household waste and degradation/transformation during waste incineration
Program: Umeå University Industrial Doctoral School (IDS) for Research and Innovation
As a doctoral fellow within the Industrial Doctoral School, you will be part of an interdisciplinary group of Ph.D. students and your research group at the affiliated department. All projects are based on cooperation between Umeå University and external organizations. The aim is to increase doctoral students' employability, independence, and innovativeness. As part of the IDS concept, each doctoral student is given a tailor-made course package and a three-month internship at an external organization outside the time dedicated to research education.
- Should have completed a second-cycle level degree, completed course requirements of at least 240 ECTS credits, or have an equivalent education from abroad or equivalent qualifications.
- Degree should be within the field of chemistry or in a field directly relevant to the specialization in question.
- This project will focus on thermal processes that utilize biomass, waste fractions, and other biomaterials.
- It would help if you were interested in the area and prepared for its scientific and technical challenges.
- Excellent command of the English language, both written and spoken, is required.
- Training and experience in environmental chemistry, analytical chemistry, combustion chemistry, organic chemistry, and waste materials are strongly merited.
- The candidate should be creative, with good interpersonal and collaborative skills, power of initiative, and a high degree of independence.
The application should comprise the following documents:
- Cover letter (including a description of your research interests, reasons for applying for the position, and your contact information)
- An updated curriculum vitae (CV), including a list of BSc and MSc theses and research publications (if applicable).
- Copies of degree certificates, documentation of completed academic courses
- Contact information of at least two referees
- The application can be made in English or Swedish.
- Applications must be submitted via the university`s recruiting system.
For more information, don't hesitate to get in touch with Assoc. Prof. Stina Jansson, phone: 090-7867622, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline: 2023-07-31
Registration number: AN 2.2.1-897-23