DEPARTMENT OF ATOMIC ENERGY (DAE) and Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC), Government of India, are seeking applications for Training Schools from Engineering Graduates and Science Postgraduates to apply for the recruitment as Scientific Officers (Group-A position of Gov. of India) through its academic programs.
- One (01) Year Orientation Course for Engineering Graduates & Science Postgraduates (OCES-2023): It is conducted at the BARC Training Schools
- Two (02)Year DAE Graduate Fellowship Scheme for Engineering Graduates (DGFS-2023). Under this scheme, Engineering Graduates who have outshone in the Interviews for the BARC Training Schools’ program and secured admission for M.Tech. in DGFS Institutes and specializations.
Nationality: Only citizens of India may apply.
Organizations: DAE units
Mumbai: Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC)
Indore: Raja Ramanna Centre for Advanced Technology (RRCAT)
Kolkata: Variable Energy Cyclotron Centre (VECC)
Kalpakkam: Indira Gandhi Centre for Atomic Research (IGCAR)
Mumbai: Heavy Water Board (HWB)
Mumbai: Nuclear Power Corporation of India Ltd (NPCIL)
Hyderabad: Nuclear Fuel Complex (NFC)
Mumbai: Board of Radiation and Isotope Technology (BRIT)
Kalpakkam: Bharatiya Nabhikiya Vidyut Nigam Ltd (BHAVINI)
Hyderabad: Atomic Minerals Directorate for Exploration and Research (AMD)
Jaduguda: Uranium Corporation of India Ltd (UCIL)
Mumbai: Directorate of Construction, Services, and Estate Management (DCS&EM)
Stipend and Allowances: Selected OCES TSOs and DGFS candidates will be paid an allowance of ₹ 55,000/- per month during the Training period.
- OCES TSOs will be paid a one-time book allowance of ₹ 18,000/-.
- DGFS Fellows will reimburse the tuition fee for the M.Tech. program
- Contingency Budget will also be covered for two (02) years (₹ 40,000/- year).
- During Training, Boarding and Lodging in Institute Hostel, respectively, are mandatory.
GRADE AND PAY SCALE ON APPOINTMENT:
- The appointment will be as a Scientific Officer in a Group-A post of the Gov. of India (Level 10) with a remuneration of ₹ 56,100/- as per the 7th CPC Pay Matrix at the starting.
- OCES TSOs getting two-three increments depending on their performance during the OCES program
- The DGFS Fellows getting three-four rise depending on their performance in M.Tech. and OCDF.
- House Rent Allowance, Dearness Allowance, and Transport Allowance, will be approximately ₹ 1,10,000/-.
- Other Allowances: Leave Travel Concession by air every year up to the first eight years and once in two years after that, Children’s Education Allowance, and yearly Professional Update Allowance will be payable.
- A comprehensive Contributory Health Service Arrangement for employees and dependent family members.
Selection to OCES/DGFS follows a two-step process:
- Screening to short-list candidates
- Interview of the short-listed candidates.
Screening for Selection Interviews is through two (02) alternative channels:
- Online Screening Examination: It will be performed in nine Engineering subjects and four Science disciplines.
- Graduate Aptitude Test (GATE) Score in Engineering: Candidates will be screened for interviews based on a valid GATE-2022 or GATE-2023 score.
Fast Reactor Technology
Radiological Safety & Environmental Science
Fast Reactor Technology
Quality Assurance & Quality Control
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA: Qualifying Degrees and Other Academic Requirements
For Engineering Disciplines: B.E./B.Tech./ B.Sc.(Engineering) / five-year Integrated M.Tech. (minimum of 60%* aggregate). Applicants electing to be considered based on the GATE score should have a valid GATE-2022/GATE-2023 score.
For Fast Reactor Technology: B.E. / B.Tech. / B.Sc. (Engineering) / five-year Integrated M.Tech. (minimum of 60%* aggregate marks) and/or ancillary level in case of five year integrated M.Sc./ five year integrated M.Tech. (minimum of 60%* aggregate marks) in M.Sc./ M.Tech.
For Fast Reactor Technology-E: B.E. / B.Tech. / B.Sc.(Engineering) / five year Integrated M. Tech. in Electrical Engineering or Electronics Engineering (60%* aggregate marks) in qualifying degree or at subsidiary or ancillary level in case of five year integrated M.Sc./ five year integrated M.Tech. (minimum of 60%* aggregate) in M.Sc./ M.Tech.
For Quality Assurance and Quality Control: B.E. / B.Tech. / B.Sc.(Engineering) five year Integrated M.Tech. in Mechanical Engineering or Metallurgical Engineering with a minimum of 60%* aggregate marks in the qualifying degree or at subsidiary or ancillary level in case of five year integrated M.Sc./ 5-year integrated M.Tech. (minimum of 60%* aggregate marks) in M.Sc./ M.Tech.
For Physics Discipline: M.Sc. in Physics or Applied Physics with Physics and Mathematics at Bachelors or subsidiary or ancillary level in case of five year integrated M.Sc, or B.E. /B.Tech. in requisite discipline (minimum of 60%* aggregate) in the qualifying degree.
For Chemistry Discipline: M.Sc. in Chemistry with Physics upto B.Sc. or at subsidiary or ancillary level in case of five year integrated M.Sc. and Mathematics at XII or at B.Sc. or subsidiary / ancillary level in case of five year integrated M.Sc. (minimum of 60%* aggregate) in M.Sc.
For Biosciences Discipline: M.Sc. in Life Sciences, Agriculture, Microbiology, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Biotechnology, Botany, Genetics, Zoology, Plant Science, Plant Pathology, Plant Breeding, Food Technology, Entomology, Animal Science, Biomedical Sciences, and Biosciences (minimum of 60% aggregate) in M.Sc. as well as in B.Sc.; or a B.E. / B.Tech. / B.Sc. (Tech.) only in Food Technology (minimum of 60% aggregate).
For Radiological Safety and Environmental Science: B.E./B.Tech. in Nuclear Engineering/Technology/ Science (minimum of 60% aggregate) or M.Sc. in Physics or Chemistry alongwith Physics and Chemistry up to B.Sc. or at subsidiary/ancillary level in case of integrated M.Sc., and Mathematics at XII or at B.Sc. or subsidiary or ancillary level in case of five year integrated M.Sc. (minimum of 60% aggregate).
For Geology Discipline: M.Sc. or any equivalent M.Tech. in Geology or Applied Geology or Applied Geochemistry alongwith Geology at B.Sc. or five year integrated M.Tech. in Geological Technology. Eligible applicants must have two subjects out of Physics, Mathematics, and Chemistry up to B.Sc. or at subsidiary or ancillary level in case of five year integrated M.Sc./ five year integrated M.Tech. (minimum of 60% aggregate) in M.Sc./ M.Tech.
How to Apply
Only Online Applications will be accepted.
Important Dates (Dates are Tentative, Applicants must visit Online Application Portal)
Launching of Online Application Portal: 4th February 2023
Last date for Online Application: 5th March 2023.
Online Test: 1st April: 2nd April 2023
Deadline for candidates to upload their GATE-2023 score: 24th March 2023
Display of List of candidates short-listed for Interview: 24th April 2023
Interview Slot for screened candidates: 24th April – 6th May 2023
Selection Interviews: 16th May- 16th June 2023