Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, and Professor level positions are available at the Indian Institute of Technology, Dhanbad, India.
Indian Institute of Technology, Dhanbad (IIT Dhanbad) invites applications from eligible Indian nationals. In addition, persons of Indian Origins (PIOs), Overseas Citizens of India (OCIs), and Foreign Nationals are also eligible to apply for these positions as Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, and Professor.
Total Number of Vacancies: Varies
Fields / Departments:
1. Applied Chemistry
2. Applied Physics
3. Applied Geology
4. Applied Geophysics
5. Applied Mathematics
6. Chemical Engineering
7. Civil Engineering
8. Computer Science & Engineering
9. Electronics Engineering
10. Electrical Engineering
11. Environmental Science and Engineering
12. Fuel and Mineral Engineering
13. Humanities and Social Sciences
14. Mechanical Engineering
15. Management Studies
16. Mining Machinery Engineering
17. Mining Engineering
18. Petroleum Engineering
Pay / Remuneration: as per the 7th CPC
1. Assistant Professor
Grade I: Pay Level 12 (₹101500-167400) with a minimum Pay of ₹ 101500/-. After completing three years of service as Assistant Professor at Pay Level 12, the applicants will be considered for Pay Level 13A1 (₹131400- 204700).
Grade II: Candidates with a Ph.D. degree but less than three years’ experience can be considered for Assistant Professor in Pay Level 10 (with minimum pay of ₹ 70,900/) or 11 with minimum salary (approved by the Board of Governors).
2. Associate Professor Pay Level 13A2, Minimum Pay of ₹139600/-
3. Professor Pay Level 14A, Minimum Pay of ₹159100/-
Essential Qualification and Experience:
1. Candidate must hold a Ph.D. degree with first-class or equivalent at the preceding degree in the appropriate branch,
2. Along with an excellent academic record throughout and a good publication record.
I. Assistant Professor
• Age: Preferably below 35 years. For a fresh Ph.D., the position will be on a contract basis for the first three years and regularized afterward.
II. Associate Professor
• A minimum of six years of teaching/research/industrial experience
• A minimum of ten years of teaching/research/industrial experience.
How to apply:
• Interested and eligible candidates may apply (preferably) through the online portal (link given at the end of the post)
Key Dates (Timelines):
- This is the rolling advertisement (applications can be received during the year and will be screened from time to time until positions are filled up.
- Application details can be found in the link below.