Rolling advertisement for recruitment of Assistant Professor Positions at the Indian Institute of Science (IISc), India, from exceptionally bright and motivated candidates. Eligible candidates with an established record of high-quality research and a solid commitment to teaching are welcome to apply.
These positions are available at the Assistant Professor level in various academic departments and centers. Applications are invited from Indian nationals and candidates who are not Indian citizens (with or without the OCI status). Women candidates with appropriate eligibility are especially encouraged to apply.
On the application portal, applicants can indicate up to three departments/centers among the ones listed below.
I. Biological Sciences: Biochemistry; Centre for Ecological Sciences; Centre for Neuroscience; Microbiology and Cell Biology; Molecular Biophysics Unit; Molecular Reproduction, Development, and Genetics.
II. Chemical Sciences: Inorganic and Physical Chemistry; Materials Research Centre; Organic Chemistry; Solid State and Structural Chemistry Unit.
III. Physical and Mathematical Sciences: Mathematics; Physic, Centre for High Energy Physics; Instrumentation and Applied Physics.
IV. Interdisciplinary Sciences: Centre for Biosystems Science and Engineering; Centre for Nano Science and Engineering; Computational and Data Sciences, Management Studies; Robert Bosch Centre for Cyber-Physical Systems.
V. Electrical, Electronics, and Computer Sciences (EECS): Computer Science and Automation; Electrical Communication Engineering; Electrical Engineering; Electronic Systems Engineering.
VI. Mechanical Sciences: Centre for Sustainable Technologies; Chemical Engineering; Civil Engineering; Materials Engineering; Mechanical Engineering. Centre for Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences; Centre for Earth Sciences; Centre for Product Design and Manufacturing; Aerospace Engineering.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- The selected candidate should have a Ph.D. degree with a First Class or equivalent in the preceding degree and an excellent academic record.
- Minimum of three years experience (teaching/research/professional).
- In exceptional cases, candidates with less than requisite experience will also be considered with appropriate changes to the salary.
- Eligible candidates should be below 35 years of age (preferably).
- Start-up grants are routinely for primary office, laboratory furniture, and essential computing equipment.
- Several competitive travel grants.
- Endowed Young Investigator (YI) awards provide an add-on salary of ₹ 25000/- per month and a research grant of ₹ 3 Lakhs per year.
- Cumulative Professional Development Allowance (CPDA) of an amount of ₹ 3 Lakhs for every block phase of three years.
- Reimbursement of travel and replacement expenditures of up to ₹ 5,00,000 (relocating from abroad) or ₹ 1,25,000 (relocating within India).
- Housing accommodation within the campus.
The pay scale (as per 7th CPC): Level 12 with a basic pay of ₹ 1,01,500/-. After three years of service at Level 12, compensation will be fixed at Level 13A1 with a basic income of ₹ 1,31,400/-.
Total minimum emoluments (consist of Dearness and Transport Allowances): ₹ 1,73,063 per month with house rent allowance, and ₹ 1,45,658 per month if staying on the campus.
Application Procedure: Interested applicants must log in to fill out the online application form. The following mentioned documents are required (PDF format) to be uploaded in conjunction with the duly filled application form:
1. An updated Curriculum vitae (CV) with a complete list of all publications.
2. Up to five selected publications.
3. A detailed Research Plan.
4. Latest Caste and Disability Certificate (if any) from the competent authority, as per Gov. of India norms.
5. Any other relevant information or document.
6. The research plan should include the laboratory space requirements, equipment, and estimated costs.
7. A well-articulated teaching Plan for undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
Deadline: This is a rolling advertisement, and candidates can apply anytime. However, applications will be accepted only through the online portal: