Ministry of Education Department of Higher Education Technical Section, Government of India, is inviting applications for the post of Director at the IIT (BHU) Varanasi.
Applications are invited for recruitment to the post of Director at the Indian Institute of Technology (BHU) Varanasi. The selected Director of an IIT is the academic and administrative head of the Institution. They must have at least five years of administrative experience and leadership qualities to head an Institute of National importance.
- The eligible candidate should have a Ph.D. degree with first class or equivalent (preferably in a discipline of Engineering).
- Applicants with Science, Mathematics, or Management degrees may be considered in exceptional cases.
- The candidate should have an outstanding academic record and a minimum of 10 years of teaching experience at the level of Professor in a reputed Engineering or Technology Institute or University
- The candidate should have guided Ph.D. students.
- The applicant should preferably be less than 60 on the last date of receipt of the applications. The post carries a fixed pay of Rs. 2, 25,000/- (Revised) per month, with allowances as per rules.
Interested individuals may apply by giving their full-detailed resume in the prescribed format (given in the link below), bringing out research, teaching, industry-academia collaborations, and administrative achievements, along with a two-page justification in support of their candidature, a two-page vision statement for the Institution and contact details of at least two distinguished individuals well acquainted with their work.
The application typed in the prescribed format along with enclosures should be sent by Registered/Speed Post to The Under Secretary (TS.1), Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Education, Room No. 428 "C" Wing, Shastri Bhawan, New Delhi-110001 to reach the Ministry on or before 20th June 2023. The application's detailed advertisement and .the format are available on the website.