IISER-TVM (Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Thiruvananthapuram) is seeking applications for the Grade 1 Assistant Professor level post on ‘tenure-track’ in Data Sciences, Earth, Atmospheric, and Ocean Sciences and Assistant Professor (Grade II) in Data Sciences. The applications are open to Indian nationals with brilliant academic credentials, the ability to establish a vibrant research program, and a passion for teaching.
- For Grade I Assistant Professor: Level 12 Cell 1, Rs. 1,01,500 with HRA, travel allowance with pension benefits under the NPS, Govt. of India. The Gross salary will be approximately Rs.1,34,528/- per month, excluding HRA.
- For Grade II Assistant Professor Level 10 Cell 8, the Gross approximate salary (with HRA) is Rs 1,06,211/-. Additional increments proportionate to credentials will be considered.
Eligibility and Experience
For Assistant Professor Grade I Level
- Applicant must hold a Doctorate with Ist class or equivalent at the previous degree in the appropriate branch with an excellent educational record throughout.
- At least three years of Industrial or Research or experience in teaching, excluding the duration of Ph.D.
- The age limit for this position is below 35 years.
For Assistant Professor Grade II
- Applicant must possess Ph.D. with Ist Class or equivalent at the prior degrees in the relevant branch with consistently excellent educational record throughout.
- The age limit for this position is preferably below 30 years.
Areas of expertise:
- Data Science/ Data Science with a background in computer science and specialization in:
- Machine Learning
- Artificial Intelligence
- High-performance computing
- Databases/Data mining
- Data science with a background in mathematics/statistics with a expertise in applied statistics.
- Oceanography and Oceanic sciences
- Atmospheric sciences (atmospheric chemistry and atmospheric physics)
- Climate change & Climate modelling
- Hydrology, Water resources, Water treatment & Water Quality.
- Environmental Science or Engineering (expertise in sustainability at the doctoral level)
- Remote sensing and disaster management
- Geospatial technology
- Earth Atmospheric and Ocean Sciences
- Analytical chemistry correlated with environmental and earth sciences
How to apply:
Applications may be submitted via the online portal. The applications are regularly processed once every 4-6 weeks.
- The appointment of an Assistant Professor at the institute is on contract for five years (as per Tenure-Track System). At the end of the contract, the candidate will be re-assessed for the position of Associate Professor by the board. The successful candidate will be offered a permanent position.
- Reservations shall be as per the existing GoI rules.
- Candidates in Government Organizations, Institutions, Universities, or Public sector undertakings should submit a NOC.