The International Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology (ICGEB) offers Postdoctoral Fellowships in Life Sciences to highly driven scientists wanting to pursue postdoctoral research in a top-notch scientific environment. To apply for the fellowship, applicants should contact the ICGEB Group Leader/PI of choice with a motivation letter to ascertain laboratory space availability and identify the research project proposal that will form an integral part of the application.
- Candidates applying for the fellowship must be nationals of an ICGEB Member State.
- Candidates may not apply for fellowships if the fellowship is undertaken in their home country unless they have worked overseas for at least the last three years and at the time of application.
- Applicants should hold a recent doctoral degree in Life Sciences or have at least three years of research experience.
- Candidates below the age of 35 would be preferred.
Fellowship funding: Trieste (Italy): Euro 2,000, New Delhi (India): US$ 1,590, Cape Town (South Africa): ZAR 23,000 per month. Medical health insurance coverage is offered for the duration of the fellowship.
Duration: 2 years with the possibility of a 1-year extension
- Apply via the online portal and the following documents to be uploaded (pdf files):
- Full CV
- Academic records
- Written Statement by the ICGEB Group Leader
- A valid identification document (passport or identity card). Recommended passport validity should be 12 months at least.
- English Certificate (TOEFL, Cambridge, or similar). This document is not requested when academic education has been undertaken in English.
Trieste, Italy: 1 October 2023
New Delhi, India: 1 October 2023
Cape Town, South Africa: 1 October 2023
Closing Date: March 31st, 2023