EPFL, the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Lausanne, offers the Doctoral Biotechnology and Bioengineering (EDBB) program. The program provides doctoral students with the education necessary to be frontrunners in the fast-growing industrial and academic biotechnology and bioengineering sectors. The students will have in-depth learning of biology, bioengineering, and biotechnology in their specific research area. The program also provides a combination of coursework, lab-based research, in-house seminars, national and international conferences, etc.
- Genomics and proteomics
- Biomolecular engineering and biomaterials
- Stem cell biotechnology
- Cell and process engineering
- Biochemical engineering
- Orthopedic engineering
- Biomechanics, mechanobiology
- Cell biophysics
- Computational biology
- Biomedical imaging
- Molecular, cell, and tissue engineering
- Applicants must have an M.Sc. Degree or equivalent.
- Candidates with a four-year Bachelor’s Degree may also be considered (depending on the undergraduate institution and performance there); these students may be admitted with special requirements, depending on their background.
- The candidates are recommended to provide GRE TOEFL test results.
Apply online, included with three reference letters and academic records.
- Institute of Chemical Sciences and Engineering / School of Basic Sciences/Laboratory of Electrophiles and Genome Operation - Yimon AYE
- Institute of Materials / School of Engineering/ Programmable Biomaterials Laboratory - Maartje BASTINGS
- Vice Presidency for Academic Affairs / Center for Biomedical Imaging (CIBM) - Bernard LANZ & Dimitri VAN DE VILLE
- Interschool Institute of Bioengineering / School of Engineering- Laboratory of Biological Network Characterization - Sebastian MAERKL
- Global Health Institute / School of Life Sciences/ Laboratory of Microbiology and Microtechnology - John McKINNEY
- Global Health Institute / School of Life Sciences/ Persat Laboratory -Alexandre PERSAT
- Brain Mind Institute / School of Life Sciences/ Neuroengineering Laboratory - Pavan RAMDYA
Next application deadline: April 15, 2023