IIT Jammu Faculty Positions (All Disciplines): Faculty Positions.
IIT Jammu (India) invites online applications from qualified Indian Nationals, Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs), and Overseas of India (OCIs) for the open vacancies in the following departments:
Departments / Subject Areas
- Chemical Engineering: All areas of Chemical Engineering.
- Chemistry: Physical and Materials Chemistry and related areas.
- Material Science And Engineering: All current and emerging areas of Materials Engineering.
- Mathematics: All areas of Pure and Applied Mathematics, Theoretical Computer Science, Probability, and Statistics.
- Biosciences and Bioengineering: Tissue Engineering, biomaterials, and regenerative medicine (Experiment); Drug delivery and drug design (computation and experiment); High altitude biology (Experiment); Genetics with experience in Next Generation Sequencing (Experiments); Industrial and clinical microbiology.
- Civil Engineering: Environmental: Water and Waste Water Engineering, Air Pollution Control Engineering, Solid and Hazardous Waste Engineering, Geotechnical: Geotechnical Engineering, Rock Mechanics, Rock Engineering, Geomatics, Engineering Geology Structures: Structural Engineering, Construction Materials, Construction Management, Water Resources: Water Resources Engineering and Related Areas. Construction Management: Transportation: Transportation and Traffic Planning, Transportation and Traffic Engineering, Pavement Engineering.
- Electrical Engineering: VLSI Designs, Embedded systems, Power Systems, Power Electronics, Machines and Drives, Control and Automation, High Voltage Engineering.
- Computer Science And Engineering: High-Performance Computing and Visualization, Mobile Computing and Machine-to-Machine, Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence, Logic and Verification, Information Management, Algorithms and Complexity, Data Science and Big Data, Distributed and Multicore Computing, Computer Vision, Programming Languages, Operating Systems, and Cloud Computing, Cryptography and Systems Information Security, Graphics and Robotics, Semantics, Analysis, and Language Implementation, Human-Computer Interaction, Embedded Systems, Computer Architecture, Theoretical Computer Science, VLSI and Design Automation.
- Humanities And Social Sciences: Economics, Linguistics, Psychology, Sociology.
- Mechanical Engineering: Mechanical Design, Production Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Thermal Engineering Design Engineering, Solid Mechanics, Fluid Mechanics, and interdisciplinary areas of Mechanics, including but not restricted to Biomechanics, Multifunctional materials, Solid – Fluid interaction.
- Physics: All Areas of Physics.
- Interested applicants should hold a Ph.D. in one of the above disciplines.
- Industry experience and post-doctoral experience are highly advantageous.
- Eligible candidates must have a passion for excellence in both research and teaching.
- Candidates should e Indian Nationals, Foreign Nationals who are “Persons of Indian Origin” (PIO) or Overseas Citizens of India (OCI), and Retired Professors from other CFTIs.
Salary/Remuneration (Post Pay Level): Pay matrix of 7th Pay Commission) per month
Assistant Professor: Minimum Basic Pay Rs. 70900 to Rs.101500/- (Academic Pay Level 10-12)
Associate Professor: Minimum Basic Pay: Rs.139600/- (Academic Pay Level 13A2 and Cell 1
Professor: Rs.1,59,100 – 2,20,200/- (minimum pay of Rs.1,59,100/-) in Academic Level 14A
Applications can be made online (link given at the end of the post)
All-purpose Address: Assistant Registrar (E-1) IIT Delhi, Hauz Khas, New Delhi - 110016 (India) E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: Rolling (for this cycle of IIT Jammu recruitment is open until filled)