Faculty Recruitment at (Indian Institute of Technology Mandi) IIT Mandi
IIT Mandi is inviting online submissions for faculty positions for the level of Assistant Professor (Contract), Assistant Professor, and Associate Professor in the School of Basic Sciences. The jobs are available in the following specific areas:
Post 1: For Associate Professor:
- Quantum optics and nano-photonics
- Theory and computational studies of structural glass transition
- Photo-ionization studies of free and confined atomic systems
- Electronic and structural studies of strongly correlated electron systems
- Indian monsoon rainfall data analysis
- Fractional differential equations
- Genetic algorithms
- Nonlinear dynamics in ecological modeling
- Numerical methods for partial differential equations
- Environmental and health-associated genomics and metagenomics
Post 2: For Assistant Professor (Contract) and Assistant Professor:
- Hybrid Fluorescent Chemosensory
- Polymer Synthesis
- Real and Complex Analysis, Topology
- Theoretical Partial Differential equations
- Controllability of abstract differential equations
- Applicants should have a passion for teaching, be exceptionally motivated, and have an established record of high-quality research.
- The university promotes an interdisciplinary culture, and SBS faculty can collaborate with Institute faculty in other areas of engineering, basic sciences, humanities, and social sciences.
- IIT Mandi also provides unique opportunities for research on
Socially-relevant technologies in the Himalayas.
Post 3: ASSISTANT PROFESSOR
ASSISTANT PROFESSOR (ON CONTRACT):
Candidates who are not eligible for direct recruitment can be considered on the tenure track for the regular post of Assistant Professor. They shall move after one year to AGP of Rs.7,000/- and after three years to AGP of Rs.8,000/-.
Requirements / Qualifications
1. Ph.D. in a relevant subject/area with first-class or an equivalent at the preceding degree with a consistently good academic record.
Post 4: ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR (Contract):
- Ph.D. in any relevant area with a first-class or equivalent at the preceding degree and a consistently good academic record.
- Candidates with higher skills (qualifications and experience) may be used in each area based on the requirement. Given the inter-disciplinary nature of IIT Mandi, although posts may be advertised against one School, the selected candidate may be offered the same position in another School if the Selection Committee finds this more suitable.
Applications can be made online. The link is given below.