Department of Sustainable Energy Engineering at the IIT Kanpur is inviting applications from Indian and Foreign Nationals with excellent academic and research records for Associate Professor and Assistant Professor positions to conduct teaching and research.
Currently, the department is offering Masters' and Doctoral programs in Sustainable Energy Engineering.
The vacancies are available in the mentioned areas/fields with emphasis on new, renewable, clean, alternative, and futuristic energy technologies:
- Energy generation (solar photovoltaics, wind energy, solar thermal, electrochemical and fuel-cells, hydro energy)
- Energy storage (supercapacitors, batteries, thermal storage, hydrogen storage, electric mobility)
- Energy distribution (electric vehicles, smart grid, grid integration, EV charging, power distribution and transmission, control systems, power electronics, power systems)
- Alternative fuels (hydrogen, clean fuels, methanol and ethanol, CO2 to fuels, waste to energy)
- Energy environment and policy (policy and regulation, energy economics, climate change, energy and atmosphere, energy efficiency, water remediation, carbon capture, etc.)
- The applicants must have a proven research record in the above areas, supported by high-quality research publications and patents.
- Must possess a doctoral degree from a reputed university or institute with an undergraduate degree in appropriate engineering or sciences with mathematics desirable as a subject at the undergraduate level.
Associate Professor: 06 years of teaching/research/industrial experience (at least three years should be at the level of Assistant Professor or equivalent).
Assistant Professor: For a fresh Ph.D., the position will be on a contract basis for the first three years (regularized afterward). Regular appointments can be made for candidates with three or more years of experience.
- Must have an excellent background to carry out the cutting-edge research work
- Experiences/backgrounds required:
a) design, modeling, and development of materials;
b) process and systems, devices, process and systems engineering;
c) electrical and electronics connected to the above fields;
d) energy economics, system integration, energy policy
e) any other related.
How to Apply: Applications can be made online (link is given below)